We may update this policy from time to time and any updates will be shown here. The last update was 2022/05/19.
Data that we gather
Life Itself (‘we’ or ‘us’) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations that apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
We gather and use limited information about individuals who use this website. We use this information to provide products and services; to enable certain website functions; to better understand how visitors use this website; and to present timely and relevant information to visitors.
We may collect the following information:
- Website usage data
- User data such as your IP address and details of your browser and device
This data is always anonymous.
Data you send to us voluntarily via our contact forms
This website may collect the following information via its contact, newsletter sign-up and enquiry form features (use of these features is optional):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from us and to help us do better.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve our products and services
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customize the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email for market research purposes
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers.
Our service partners
We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
- Google LLC, which provides our email service. We also use Google Analytics service to measure the performance of this website.
We will not share your personal information with any other third-party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
When you visit our website, we put a small file known as a cookie ontoon to your computer to collect information about how you use the website. Cookies are used to collect anonymous data about how you use our website. This includes, but not exclusively: how many times the user has visited the website; pages users visited; data traffic; page navigation; page view duration. The information is anonymous and you are never identifiable from this information.
Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on All about cookies website.
Filming and photography at events
We sometimes carry out filming (including audio recordings) or photography at events as part of our publicity output. We do so because it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and disseminating our work. We make delegates aware of this in advance. Those who do not wish to be filmed may request so during the event.
Data release policy
Our policy is only to release the data we collect in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, such as in response to a valid request from law enforcement.
- To designated third parties to resolve or investigate abuse complaints.
- When the information is related to spiders or bots, usually when investigating technical issues.
- For abusive users, we may release information to assist in attempting to block the abusive user or to complain to that user’s Internet Service Provider.
- If necessary to defend legal claims against us by third parties.
- When we deem it necessary to protect the property or rights of the user community, or this website.
- When you have given consent for data to be used, such as completing a survey. As an organisation that promotes the use of freely accessible data, we cannot be held responsible for the usage of any data supplied.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights. For further information on these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please email or write to us.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
- email – [email protected]