We’re looking for smart, motivated people to work with us in areas ranging from developing our hubs to researching wiser politics to the overall management and operation of our diverse portfolio of initiatives.
As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in multiple areas and grow your role. You will acquire essential skills and gain expertise in an exciting and dynamic area. As a largely virtual team, you will have the freedom to work from wherever you want after joining us at our beautiful base in south-west France. Finally, we offer an intentional work environment that will support you to develop personally and professionally and provide an opportunity to reflect on what really matters to you.
Since people have different skills and interests and there’s more work than one person can do, you will have the freedom to focus on your interests as well as try different things. We require assistance in all of these areas of activity and more (described in more detail below).
- Running the organisation ?: everything from coordinating teams to doing our finances.
- Building hubs ?: everything from the architecture and design of the buildings and gardens to the hands-on work to create them (if you like getting your hands dirty this is for you!)
- Writing and social media management ✍️: from editing our monthly newsletter through to writing wise and original content.
We prefer curiosity, intelligence and ability to learn over detailed expertise. Whilst no specialist knowledge is required, you will be expected to be:
- Able to quickly master complex ideas and solve problems
- Intelligent and conscientious
- Enthusiastic about coaching, feedback and being challenged
- Committed to personal development and contributing to the creation of a weller society
- Familiar and comfortable with modern digital tools such as google docs, chat etc
To get a sense of our principles and how we approach life, check out the ‘culture’ section of the Life Itself “way”: https://tao.lifeitself.us/culture/
Don’t think too much about these, it’s just to get a sense of how well we might work together. To apply, send an email to [email protected] answering as many of the following you can:
- 1+ books/films that had an impact on you and why they did
- 1+ project you’ve created or contributed to, such as a website, event or community (include a link if you can)
- Your degree at university (subject and level) and any other major academic accomplishments
- Two governmental policies you would like to make happen if you could
We are offering suitable candidates a permanent role within the Life Itself team. As part of our recruitment process, we require that candidates complete a 1-2 week insight placement on location in our beautiful Bergerac hub, followed by a 2-month internship, both of which are all-expenses paid and remunerated by a stipend for additional living costs. Upon the offer of a permanent position, there will be the opportunity to spend up to a further 6 months in France, as well as the option of working remotely.
More about us
Location: Work both virtually and at our main hub in a beautiful four storey townhouse in Bergerac, overlooking the Dordogne. You’ll also have access to a nearby farmhouse in the beautiful French countryside next to the Plum Village Zen Monastery as well as our hub in Berlin.
Culture: We’re a small team with a flat self-organizing structure, zero bureaucracy and a commitment to personal growth and development. We offer you a high level of autonomy, flexible hours, and a variety of interesting and challenging work that permits you to follow your interests and build your skillset.
People: As well as those of us you’ll be physically joining in Bergerac, we have a virtual team that extends across the entirety of Europe. You’ll get to know a range of people from a variety of backgrounds, all of whom bring fascinating and differing perspectives to the question of how to live better.
Way of living: Discover what matters to you and be part of something bigger than yourself. We offer an intentional work environment that will support you to develop personally and professionally and provide an opportunity to reflect on what really matters to you.
If this isn’t the role for you, please get in touch nevertheless and we’ll keep you on file until we have an opportunity available, or sign up to our mailing list to hear when we’re hiring for a role in future.
Alternatively, create your own role! We are always open to discussing possibilities for collaboration with people who want to get involved in our work.