In the fourth episode of our Exploring Social Transformation series, Nathen Fitchen and Brendan Graham Dempsey discuss the rise of the meaning crisis, how it has perpetuated throughout the world and its symbiotic nature to the environmental crisis and other crises we face today.
Nathen and Brendan unpack a potential antidote to the meaning crisis, metamodern spirituality. Through identifying the core characteristics of metamodern thinking and how one might engage in metamodern spirituality, this conversation is a perfect place to orient oneself with the metamodern ideology and to be inspired to find greater meaning individually and as a collective.
Brendan Graham Dempsey is the author of several books, his work focusing on the meaning crisis and the nature of spirituality in metamodernity. He also hosts a podcast called metamodern spirituality, is a public speaker, course facilitator and has released a series of insightful videos titled after postmodernism.
- Metamodern Spirituality Podcast
- Metamodern Spirituality Facebook Group
- Alwyn Moon, S. Building the Cathedral: Answering the Meaning Crisis through Personal Myth. 2021
More from Life Itself
- People and Practice at the Berlin Hub
- Brendan Graham Dempsey on The Meaning Crisis & Metamodern Spirituality
- Collective Practice with Valérie Duvauchelle
- Tending the seeds of a “new” culture — Hope, History, and Humility
- Collective Practice and the Life Itself Open Residency
- Launch announcement: Life Itself Labs